We’re looking for the next member of the IM ABLE team. This person will be integral in building, expanding, and shepherding IM ABLE’s growing inclusive fitness portfolio and offerings.
In FY2017, IM ABLE inclusive fitness programming served 200+ students from around the region. The inclusive fitness manager will help us bring these opportunities to our goal of 1,000+ students per year in FY2018 and beyond.
The Program and Events Manager will lead our inclusive fitness and will be responsible for setting the long term program goals, and creating a plan for executing on them.
This will include:
- Creation of new inclusive programming (fitness & non)
- Creating and managing strategic relationships with local school districts and organizations that work with the special needs population of both children and adults
Our programming currently relies heavily on coordination with our partnerships with local Occupational Therapy students for support in the execution of our class offerings. The inclusive fitness manager will take ownership of maintaining and growing these key relationships.
IM ABLE host a number of events throughout each year for both the able and adaptive community. It is crucial that our program manager helps to keep all staff, committee members and volunteers organized and on task.
This will include:
- Volunteer coordination
- Event Logistics
- Event marketing and promotion
- Scheduling and coordination of IM ABLE
- Trainers & volunteers
- Equipment and facility usage
- Cataloging and inventory of IM ABLE adaptive fitness equipment
Ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in occupational therapy or similar field.
- 2-5 years experience working directly with special needs individuals.
- Experience in the creation of inclusive programming
- Strong social media experience.
To thrive in this role, candidates will need:
- A tenacious approach to growing IM ABLE’s impact.
- A passion for fitness and helping others stay active.
- The ability to self manage.
- A clear understanding that success must be measurable and marketable in order to build support from donors.
Details and Fine Print:
This role will be based in our Wyomissing PA offices, and will require ____ hours per week, with a potential for growth into a full time position as the program grows.
Additional Benefits include:
- Ability to work remotely 1-2 days per week.
- Complimentary Corps Fitness family membership.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.