We’re looking for the next member of the IM ABLE team to help amplify and accelerate our foundation’s growth into a larger more strategic force for good in our community.
As the organization moves into its second decade of service to the community, it looks to expand its program offerings and will need to expand the size and type of funding sources we use to make programs a reality. The Director of Development will play the lead role in securing funds in order for IM ABLE to reach, and exceed, its programmatic and financial goals.
The Director of Development will be responsible for the planning, organizing, and managing of all IM ABLE fundraising programs and initiatives including: annual appeal, corporate sponsorships, donor stewardship and prospecting, grants management, and the organization’s major fundraiser as well as other fundraising and stewardship events that may arise.
The Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
IM ABLE is looking for for an individual with a commitment to the organization’s mission, the drive to develop and create new opportunities, and an enthusiastic approach to all tasks put before them.
Day-To-Day responsibilities include:
- Management of the annual appeal letter campaign
- Grants research and writing
- Creation and implementation of a donor prospect plan
- Donor stewardship
- Management of corporate sponsorships including, with assistance of Executive Director and Board, securing new corporate sponsorships and maintaining relationships with current sponsors
- Management of fundraising database including fund data entry and tracking of data, ensuring donor information is current
- Implementation of the major fundraising events, with the assistance of the BASH committee
- Design and implementation of an annual donor appreciation event and other fund raising events
- Serving as the organization’s main liaison between the board and the organization
- Serving as a representative of IM ABLE as needed and when appropriate
- Attending Development Committee and Board Meetings
- Serving as an active participation in organizational discussions and planning efforts and performing other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- a minimum of 3-5 years of development experience
- a drive to initiate relationships and to follow through with potential opportunities
- solid grant research skills and grants management knowledge
- a familiarity with special events planning and implementation, ideally having executed a number of special events
- the ability to self-manage and prioritize responsibilities
- the ability to collaborate with IM ABLE’s Executive Director, Board of Directors, and various committees as needed
- a working knowledge of SalesForce or other CRM
Details and Fine Print:
This role will be based in our Wyomissing PA offices, and will be full time (40 hours per week) and my on occasion require “after hours” support of our community events, races, and collaborations.
We’re a small foundation, which means all candidates need to be willing to pitch in support in a variety of manners as needs arise.
Additional Benefits include:
- Ability to work remotely 1-2 days per week.
- Complimentary Corps Fitness family membership.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.