- This event has passed.
IM ABLE Duathlon and 5K
September 16, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join IM ABLE for our ninth annual Duathlon and 5k event! Chip-timed event. 5k runners participate in the first leg of the duathlon only. Duathlon participants continue on to bike leg and second run. Bibs will distinguish between 5k racers and duathlon racers.
– Duathlon is a 5K run, 14+ mile bike, 5K run
– Athletes may participate in the duathlon event as individuals or in teams of 2 or 3
– Adaptive and able bodied athletes welcome and encouraged to participate!
– A mini-Duathlon option! This option is a 1.5 mile run, 6.5 mile bike, 1.5 mile run. You may enter as a single, or a relay team.
– 5K only: Run the first 5k with Duathlon participants, finish after first 5k
Run: IM ABLE teams and individuals, including able-bodied runners on teams with adaptive athletes, will start 5 minutes before the rest of the competitors in the duathlon and 5K. Run/roll course follows a scenic path through to the Highlands and will be an out and back.
Cycle: Performed on closed Reading Blvd around a loop 6 times. Athletes are responsible for keeping track of bike laps.
Address: 630 Evans Ave – Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Registration open 6:30 – 7:45 am
Announcements at 8 am, followed immediately by race start
Online registration closes September 14, 2018 (same day registration still available). Email email@example.com for all other registration questions.