IM ABLE Grants are awarded to disabled individuals and supporting organizations and adaptive sports and recreational related equipment and instructional training programs for those in need. (See eligibility requirements below) Our purpose is to unleash the potential in physically challenged children and adults to be more active, enjoy the benefits of physical fitness, and spend more time in the great outdoors.

We do not support non-sports and recreational equipment requests.

For Individuals

Award criterion for individuals is primarily based on the following variables:

  • Consideration of the physical condition, limitations, and potential of the applicant.
  • Financial challenges or hardship.
  • A demonstrated commitment by the candidate to become more active.


For Organizations

Preferred consideration will be given to registered 501 (c) (3) organizations. Applicants must provide a detailed description of patient disabilities. Organizations must show a demonstrated need for award grants and specify how IM ABLE funding will be used to enrich the lives of the individuals they serve.


Application Instructions

PDF Download
Microsoft Word Download

Grant Waiver

PDF Download
Microsoft Word Download

The IM ABLE Foundation is a registered 501 (c) (3). The official registration and financial information of the IM ABLE Foundation may be obtained from the PA Dept of State by calling toll-free, within PA, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.

2 thoughts on “Equipment Grants

  1. Hello,, my name is Tim. T5 complete paraplegic since 1987, 30 years ago had a motorcycle accident broke my back and I’m still in a wheelchair. Now my shoulders are shot and I have 4 pressure sores. (Non healing since 2012) I bought my first home with my complete life savings but now I need to renovate my home so I can have 100% independence. I need to make my bathroom wheelchair friendly so I can take a shower every morning. I love to be outside with nature seeing all the wildlife but the backyard deck is not wheelchair accessible so I can’t go outside to see anything. I’m also looking on getting asphalt driveway over my gravel driveway, ramp to get up to my front porch and a roof over my porch. I don’t know who to call or how to get a grant. I need any help I can get so I can start going out to enjoy Jim Thorpe and HICKORY RUN state park that’s just a few minutes away from my home.

  2. Tim we are not sure how this got buried in a different mailbox but we’d be happy to discuss options with you if still looking. Please email and we can schedule a time to speak. Thank you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.