Join IM ABLE for our 12th Annual Duathlon and 5k!
– Timed event
– Adaptive and able-bodied athletes welcome!
– Athletes may participate in the duathlon event as individuals or in teams of 2 or 3
Three Race Options
Olympic Distance Duathlon
5k run, 16.8 mile bike, 5k run
Sprint Distance Duathlon
2.5K run, 7.2 mile bike, 2.5K run
You may enter as a single, or a relay team.
Awards given for Top Female, Top Male, and Top Relay
5K Only Option
5k runners participate in the first leg of the duathlon only
Bibs will distinguish between 5k racers and duathlon racers.
Adaptive Athlete FAQ
- Parking: There is plenty of accessible parking in the Wyomissing Jr/Sr High School parking lot. We will block off a section near the registration table for you to park.
- Volunteers: We will have volunteers assigned to help you unload your equipment when you arrive and help you transport it to the Transition Zone and then again after the race, to get the equipment back into your vehicle.
- Elevation: There are a few small hills on the course. We’re working on getting it mapped out with the Strava App. Check back soon for updates on that.
- Relay Partner Matchmaking: Do you want to team up with an adaptive athlete or are you an adaptive athlete looking for someone to join your team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to connect you with teammate/s.
Run: IM ABLE teams and individuals, including able-bodied runners on teams with adaptive athletes, will start 5 minutes before the rest of the competitors in the duathlon and 5K. Run/roll course follows a scenic path through to the Highlands and will be an out and back.
Cycle: Performed on closed Reading Blvd around a loop 3 or 7 times. Athletes are responsible for keeping track of bike laps.
Address: 630 Evans Ave – Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Day-of Registration open 6:30 – 7:45 am
Announcements at 8 am, followed immediately by race start
– Party on the Blvd –
With an eye toward increasing community involvement and awareness, we are asking those who live on the bike route (Reading Blvd) to get involved. Break out the lawn chairs and cowbells. Invite family and friends to cheer on the athletes. Donate to the foundation and have fun. Here are just some of the ways you can help FUNraise with us:
– Make signs
– Play music
– Cheer and support as athletes pass
– Host a front-yard breakfast for your friends
– Get creative!
If you commit to supporting us by August 10, 2023, we’ll provide a party pack with a bunch of goodies to host a watch party. All support will be recognized at the podium and those who raise the most in donations will be highlighted on our website!
– DONATE/FUNDRAISE –
Help IM ABLE empower adaptive athletes to redefine possible through a one-time gift or set up a recurring donation.
If you are a corporation looking to help IM ABLE empower adaptive athletes to redefine possible through event sponsorship, learn more about our sponsorship packages below.